football quotes

'I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.'
- Barry Venison

'The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.'
- Graeme Le Saux

'I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country.'
- Ian Rush

'The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukranians will be more European.' - Phil Neville

'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry

'We lost because we didn't win.' - Ronaldo

'I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable.'
- Paul Gascoigne

'I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George Ndah had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing.' - Ade Akinbiyi

'I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona.' - Mark Draper

'I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier.' - Ugo Ehiogu

'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.'
- David Beckham

'It was like the ref had a brand new yellow card and wanted to see if it worked.' - Richard Rufus

'Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win.' - Vinny Jones

'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

No comments: